Monday, May 14, 2007

An Evening With...

It’s about yesterday. It was an easeful Sunday evening. I was cherishing my loneliness at home and filling it with Television and orange juice. I didn’t have an idea of what was coming.

Things changed in split seconds. That fated moment, it appeared from no where, closemouthed, sluggish, dreamy, and lethargically gazing at me. It gave me a mysterious and spookish look. My heart was beating faster with its each successive move. Out I jumped of my "bean bag" and yelled “shucks!” I could not accept that it was there. But, honestly…it was there.

So I screamed…..and it pretended not to hear me but inside I know it could hear me but wanted to put up a could-shoulder. Anyways, now, I had to do something. “Lage Raho Munnabhai” being fresh in my memory, I thought of taking the road of non-violence. I told it “Please Please…go away!” But, I think it got maddened. It turned its passionate eyes towards me and that was it. The chill ran up my spine. I freezed to death! I was cemented to the floor and I had no clue what to do. I was glued there for like 10 minutes…neither did it move nor me. Standing there, my whole life came in front of me - my school, wonderful college days, my friends, my office, things I always wanted to do and many more. I thought, I thought more and then I concluded. I cannot give away to it. I also called up my friend Aman, who consoled me that nothing wrong will happen. So, all motivated, I hushed along the wall side, taking care not to agitate it. I picked up some available weapons that would defend me against it. I tried all that on it. Nothing worked. The encounter continued for four hours. Wherever it went, I went right behind. It was keeping an eye on all my actions and I was following each of its moves. I opened the exit door to it, it did not go out. I offered to get into a mutual accord….it sleeps dormant behind the sofa and I get zipped to my bed. But, it did not give its approval. It wanted to gallop, jog and sprint all around the house, scrutinize all the rooms and scan the kitchen. It maybe wanted to play with me.

After four hours, both of us were tired.

By this time, I think God decided to help me. And as they say, “After night comes morning”, so in matter of seconds, it maneuvered fervently and with a jerk skipped speedily out of the window. I could not believe it had gone. I closed the window tightly. It was time to rejoice!

This had been the most difficult evening of my life. A nightmarish evening with a sleazy, lousy and dungy LIZARD!!!

4 comments:

Amandeep said...

Ohhh man!! That had me rolling with laughter all the way!! Poor you!! What a torture... Cannot forget the highly scared voice of you that i heard on phone last evening... I just wanted to pull you out of that phone and give u a tight hug!! Also, I had to put in all the strength i had to stop myself from laughing!! :p

I love the way you've written and expressed it!! IT's awesome... But could have been even better if you'd put in more about your conversation with the lizzie, in as much detail as u told me yesterday!! Hehehe...

A BIG hug to you for putting up with all this and dealing with that creepy crawly creature so bravely!! Love you!!

Priya said...

Hey sweets! Do you think I'll put up all those details and let the world think I am completely insane! But, a many thanks to all your support and care you provided in this difficult time.

Amandeep said...

:-) that's the least i could do!!!

Anonymous said...

So thatz how you spent you evening on Sunday...interesting. Well, as always I loved your writing.